Monday, February 9, 2009

Are You Done Yet?

How many times have you heard that one? What about, "Is it true that once you get one you will keep getting more?" The amount of questions I have received over the about eighteen years since my first inking, is impossible to number. They are never ending, always expected and entertaining to this day depending on my mood, of course. Tattoos are definitely major conversation pieces and a good way to unintentionally start an issue with somebody who has a difference in opinion about the art in general!

The answer I have for everyone who asks the done yet question is and always will be, probably not. I can say that I normally tend to wait a bit in between getting each piece done, but then again, it’s a mood thing. Sometimes, it’s just gotta be done; there’s no exact explanation, it’s just an urge or need and it festers if it is ignored. Sounds crazy I suppose, but well, I’m okay with that.

I find that we who ink, seem to exist in are our own realm of society and I believe we all like it here. Care to join us?

2 comments:

  1. I know I am definetly not down with tatoos. I hope to get a few more. The bad thing is that when the urge or idea comes for a tatoo I usually don't have the money. Also it is hard to find an artist that can draw exactly what I want and for a price that won't leave me homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know if to start, let alone finish. lol. I believe everyone should just mind their business when it comes to judging how many tattoos is the "right" amount of tattoos. Whether someone wants to fill their body with tattoos or not should be at their own liking...

    ReplyDelete