Friday, February 20, 2009

Tattoo Effects

Many people who tattoo, choose to create a specific theme and others, well they don't. Whether it is an all over theme or just a random spot, who’s to know, it may just be an accident. I have found over the years, that while some people have themes that evolve, most others are intentional right from the start.

I happen to have an overall tattoo theme of nature and honestly, I didn’t begin with that intention in mind; it just happened that way. The design was of random creations I chose, which have progressively grown into a pattern. I had found myself acquiring similar types of patterns and after recognizing that, I realized it fit my life, so I just went with it.

My thematic design is one of my own abstract artistic ideas of a small garden. It consists of some of what you may find there on any given day, such as flowers and butterflies, etc., and also of what I imagine should belong in any garden; Fairies. Each of my tattoos is positioned in varying places over my body, not just in one spot; purposefully. I am by no means covered from head to toe, but do have some close to my head and toes!

What effect do your tattoos and themes have or create, and what affect do they have upon you and others who see them?


No comments:

Post a Comment